Good morning beauties!!! How are you? I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
My weekend was really great. Even though it didn’t really go the way it was planned *stupid weather lol!*, my hubby and I spent a lot of time with our little beauty Bella. We decided to take her to a doggy park for the first time. Despite being somewhat intimidated by bigger dogs, I think, she really enjoyed the experience.
Needless to say, she was EXHAUSTED.
When my loves were sound asleep and there was absolutely nothing on TV, I started snapping some selfies with my cell. *My pest bit through the rear-end camera lens… for the second time… I guess, that’s what they call LIFE. Haha!* Here is the result.
Oh! And we finally got to watch Frozen. I LOOOOVE Olaf! ❤
*PS. This specific scene is so actual for the weather in Montreal. We all wish for summer/spring very much, but the real surroundings are very close to those in the cartoon. But I’m not losing my hope! Haha!*
Guys!!! You will not believe me! It seems like finally the Spartan Gods have heard my plea and sent a challenge that I needed for a while!
As you may remember *or not*, one of my fellow fitness bloggers, Emmeline, threw a challenge to see who will be able to do the most push ups and pull ups by June 21, 2014. I diligently did my thinking and decided to set a goal of 30+ push ups. It’s all sweet and dandy, but I felt like i needed a solid plan in order to reach my objective. And VOILA!
I am super duper excited to share that the challenge starts TOMORROW on April 1! All you have to do is 30 push-ups a day for 30 consecutive days. SIMPLE!!!
Here are a few more tips from the Spartan Race itself:
- No fancy gym memberships required. All you need is the floor beneath your legs, your own body (safe to assume you have this) and determination. Post your pictures and/or your times. Then do it again the next day.
- So how do you complete a push-up? Follow these steps: 1 – Get into plank position, with your hands slightly outside of your shoulders. 2 – Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor, keeping your elbows close to your torso. 3 – Push away from the floor and back to the starting position. Repeat 29 more times!
- If you can’t do one push up, start the challenge with the “modified push-up”. To perform a modified push-up assume a push-up position but bend your knees allowing them to touch the floor and cross your ankles. This will make the push-up easier and can be used as a stepping stone to the standard push-up!
- If your wrists hurt, Try using a pair of dumbbells or push-up bars. The modified grip will allow you to keep your wrists straight.
- You can even time yourself. By keeping track of your progress, you can watch yourself improving
- Feel free to push yourself further! Don’t stop at 30, if you can do more.
*** Also make sure to read one of my previous posts for more insights on push up technique, some laughs and cute pictures of little kidos ‘doing’ push ups: Push Ups 101: A Cheater’s Guide To Lousy Push Ups, 35+ Push Up Variations, And Fast & Effective Bodyweight Upper Body Workout.
How was your weekend? Are you going to embark on the Spartan 30 push ups for 30 days challenge? How do you challenge yourself every day?
15 responses to “The Spartan 30 Push Ups For 30 Days Challenge, Doggy Park & More”
Oooh, I’ll do it to work on my push-ups too! I am still not even close on my single pull-up haha. Your puppy is so cute, I wish we lived closer so she and Stevie could go crazy at the dog park together!
It calls for a road trip 😉 ❤
I love taking the dog to hang out with other puppies. They get soooo tired and it’s super awesome. 30 push ups a day for 30 days?!! not simple, it’s IMPRESSIVE 🙂
Haha! Yah, I guess you are right. Yesterday, I included push ups in my workout, I had to take 2 Tylenols at 12.30am to fall asleep. I kept on turning for 1.5 hours lol! I say, push ups is my BIG area of OPPORTUNITY ;D xoxo
I love your dog!! My weekend was good, I traveled to Michigan for a half marathon–it was a lot of fun! 🙂
Nice! I can smell a recap! 😀 Well done, darling! xoxo
ooh, thanks for reminding me! I need to keep working on pushups and pullups for that challenge.
You are welcome! 😉
Pingback: The Success Indicator: Setbacks & How To Deal With Them | candies & crunches
Pingback: My First 8-Miler, 7 Power Foods To Beat The Slump At Work, And Yoga Sequence For Runners | candies & crunches
Pingback: Dealing With Stress At Work, Reebok Shoes For The Spartan Race, And ‘Sleep Like A Baby’ Workout | candies & crunches
Pingback: Absence Makes The Heart Say ‘What The Hell Is Up With This?’ I’ve Missed You!!! | candies & crunches
Pingback: 30-Day Spartan Team Workout Challenge + 5 Fun Partner Running Workouts | candies & crunches
Pingback: Strengthen Your Core: Spartan 30-Day Bear Crawl Challenge | candies & crunches
Pingback: My Addiction To 30-Day Challenges | candies & crunches