Good morning, lovelies!
What do you do when things don’t go as planned?
Take my weekend as an example.
Workouts – 2
Birthday party – 1
Photo shoot – 1
Workouts – 0
Birthday party – 0
Photo shoot – 0
*** A little disclosure: I think I’m getting old, the birthday party, turns out, was always supposed to be in a week from now. MY BAD! Haha!
Of course, I could have let this ruin my weekend. But then, why would I do this to myself?! Instead, my hubby and I had a BLAST and:
- spent time with a friend of mine visiting from Toronto,
- had friends over for supper *with their puppy, so Bella had a blast too!*
- had an awesome Sunday with my family-in-law *they are a funny bunch!*
In other words, I wouldn’t change a thing!
Here are some pictures.
*We got to tan! YAY!*
*Bella with her new friend, Mishka. They were hilarious! Look at that flip. No one got hurt. Haha!*
Unfortunately, this is not always a case. Somehow, we do let an unexpected change in plans affect our mood, like a workout that didn’t go according to our expectations. However, if you think about it, this is the worst thing we can do to ourselves. Not only that something didn’t go as we wanted, we let it affect us. But then, we don’t pay attention to little things that can actually make our days unforgettable! Don’t you find this a bit ridiculous?
A few days ago, I was reading a post of my fellow blogger, Stephanie from Crowned in Victory. She listed 16 simple *yet GENIUS* steps to happiness *please, make sure to stop by her blog and give her some loving!!!*. Here they are:
- Get up before the rest of the world.
- Fall asleep earlier.
- Eliminate processed food from your diet.
- Cook yourself a beautiful breakfast.
- Buy a 1L water bottle.
- Write down everything in a beautiful diary.
- Strip your bed of sheets and empty your underwear drawer into the washing machine.
- Organize your home.
- Treat yourself, have a luxurious shower with your favorite music playing.
- Go for a walk more often.
- Be random and message your old friends with personal jokes.
- Challenge yourself not to ridicule anyone for an entire day, then two, then a week.
- Think long and hard about what interests you. Develop those hobbies.
- Become a person you would ideally fall in love with.
- Lie in the sunshine and dream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t possible. Now, act on it!
What are the little things that can make your day awesome? How’s your Spartan 30-day ab challenge going?