Sorry, guys, it seems like you were excluded from my post today! Wait… Wait a second!!! Actually, this post might be for you after all. How come? Well, as the saying goes, happy wife happy life… Haha! So yeah, this could be a great help for you when your significant other is not at her… um… best behavior because of a tremendous pain she is experiencing.
*That’s me last morning… TRUE STORY!*
We know really well that crappy feeling of waking up from bad cramps with no energy, in a horrible mood, and probably craving all the wrong things. Going to the gym is definitely the LAST thing on my mind!
However, it seems I got it all wrong! According to Women’s Health,
When you have your period (and the week after), your body is more like a man’s. During this part of your cycle, your levels of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone are at their lowest, making you a little more dudelike—at least metabolically, says Stacy Sims, Ph.D., an exercise physiologist at Stanford University and a leading researcher on the impact of menstruation on athletic performance. […] Her research shows that during this low-hormone phase, women also recover faster and have a higher pain tolerance. Why? “A probable theory is that your body isn’t preoccupied with preparing for a possible pregnancy,” she says. “Your baseline is reset into a more relaxed mode, so these other systems operate optimally.”
*One second girls, gotta keep boys entertained!*
Back to the subject, there are 7 workouts that She Knows suggests to do during your period:
- Walking: Active rest is definitely better than nothing. If you’re in a lot of pain, the walk should definitely help you unwind.
- Running: As mentioned previously, your body recovers faster during this period *no pun intended lol!* of time. So if you feel up to the challenge, increase your incline!
- Yoga: Relaxing seems like a great option! Go for a nice stretch routine and don’t forget to meditate.
- Aerobics: I personally love Tabata, so much fun too!
- Dancing: Why not make yourself feel sexy? Have you tried dance workouts from Fitnessista?
- Planking: Definitely, one of those things that could be done between commercials. If you’d like to diversify your planks, read this post.
- Working out from home: Not up for the challenge, take it easy and do this 7-Minute Workout.
Girls, what are your thoughts? Any specific workouts you give preference to?
Guys, share this with your significant others, it could be a life savior for her and for YOU! Haha!