Call me crazy, but for me all seasons start on the first of the month. *I guess it’s an Eastern European thing!*
I don’t think I’ll ever forget the day when we were asked a question about when seasons start in my French class shortly after my family’s arrival to Canada. Always an eager student, I could not wait to answer the question to show off my newly acquired French skills only to find myself completely dumb struck. *In retrospect, I still find the entire situation totally hilarious! I was soooo EMBARRASSED!* But then, who could blame me?! Why on the earth seasons would start on the 21st of the month and not on the first?! It’s beyond me!
Anyhow, back to the subject… MY spring began on Saturday, you CAN be jealous if you wish! Haha!
You still don’t believe me? Well, how about this? On Saturday night, my hubby was coming down with a flu, so he took some medicine and fell asleep. While he was peacefully snoring with Bella in his feet, I managed to rearrange all of his drawers… YAH! It was March 1!
You know it’s a spring the moment your entire being wants to get rid of clutter and start things fresh. Right?! To me spring cleaning is letting go of winter, getting rid of clutter, reevaluating my short- and long-term goals.
In my opinion living healthy also implies living in harmony with nature and the world. Reducing our foot print on nature is indeed important to living a long healthy and happy life. This is why I was super excited when I found the following infographic.
Indeed, white vinegar is a life saver! I use it when I have to clean a fridge and a shower all the time. On the other hand, I saw a few worrisome reports that some vinegar may be made of petroleum. So please, be sure to check your vinegar labels and make sure that it’s made of grains.
I also found a wonderful article on Greatist, 27 Non-Toxic Products for DIY Cleaning, make sure to check it out.
Apart from cleaning my home, I like to take some time to refocus and get organized. For instance:
- My first ever Spartan Race is only 2.5 months away. Thus, I really have to build a plan and stick to it.
- Staying hydrated is one of my top priorities right now. I am constantly trying to be more aware of how much liquid I consume throughout the day.
- Snacking is also very important to sustain my energy levels and avoid unnecessary highs and lows.
- Cutting back on sugar consumption and trying to naturally cleanse my body are two of the most difficult challenges at the moment, and that’s okay. I just need to avoid temptation and use some will power.
- Not to forget Emmeline’s challenge, my goal is to be able to do at least 30+ push ups and 15 pull ups in a row by summer .
How about you? What does spring cleaning mean to you? What are your favorite ways to let go of winter?