As they say, money can’t buy happiness, but it can buy fabulous shoes, and that’s kind of the same thing, right?
Who knew that so many people were wrong all along because all this noise is not about high heals, it’s about RUNNING SHOES!!! Runners will support me, because let’s be fair for a moment, majority of high heels are NOT comfortable and pain does not equal happiness; whereas, comfy running shoes will make you fly. LITERALLY! And isn’t flying happiness?
EXACTLY! I consider my reasoning successful and complete! Haha!
The thing is, however, I am still pretty new to running, and buying new running shoes can be… well… intimidating!
At the moment, I wear Asics Gel-Nimbus 14 and I LOVE them!
The reason why I am looking for a new pair is because I need to find appropriate shoes for the Spartan Race. They have to be light-weight, have built-in drainage ability system and a good grip *if that makes any sense*.
I found some great tips on how to find perfect running shoes at Run Addicts, here are some of them:
- Go to the store in the evening: ‘studies have shown feet tend to expand few millimeters up to 2 centimeters by the end of the day’.
- Make sure to wear socks you normally run in.
- There must be a finger-width space between your great toe and the shoe box and a thumb width at the end of the shoe. ‘You will end up buying shoes that are bigger in size than what you normally wear but that’s perfectly OK.’ However, don’t exceed a finger-width span!
- ‘NEVER wear a brand new running shoe for a race; make sure you already used them for 100 miles runs at minimum’.
Here is some more.
I also came across this amazing report on the 10 best sneakers for mud runs. It seems like there is a common agreement on Inov-8 Mudclaw 300.
‘The Inov-8 Mudclaw is designed for one thing, and one thing only: to get you out of the mud. With a waterproof membrane, and rows of spiked lugs on the outsole, needless to say, the Mudclaw 300 is the shoe you want for your next mud run.
Best For: Steep Hills and Mud Pits
Technical Advantage: The aggressive Mudclaw sole ensures proper grip in the steepest, muddiest and most extreme conditions.’
Any thoughts or feedback?
My workout today is:
– Super Spartan Run: 4-Mile Trail Tempo Run
– AB 500
How was your weekend? Do you have any tricks when looking for a perfect running shoe? Any experience running a mud race?