It’s FUH-ridayyyyyyy! I guess, it’s needless to say but…
So ummmmm, about that workout I did on Wednesday….. my behind still hurts!!!! Ahahaha! Those damn lunges, so good and so painful! Has this ever happened to you? I mean, I REALLY underestimated the routine! Today I was really in no shape to complete a 30-minute run yesterday.
I am super happy today is the rest day. My body could definitely use a break. Therefore, the only thing I really have planned is a short morning yoga routine. But then, who would say no to these super adorable bunnies?!
It’s a very short routine, but I can guarantee you that you’ll be full of energy and positivity for the rest of the day, once you complete it.
According to Urban Nirvana, there are 7 benefits to practicing yoga in the morning:
- Yogic breathing stimulates your body and mind. *Save on coffee!*
- Improves your self-esteem. *Who doesn’t like feeling accomplished?!*
- You will be peaceful, all day long! *Imagine! ON FRIDAY!*
- Get a healthy glow. *Just in time for Friday night HA!*
- Speeds up metabolism. *Buh-byeeee extra weight!*
- Helps to build a healthy, consistent workout routine.
- Regulates your sleep rhythm.
Now, that’s how my weekend workout looks like.
– Super Spartan Trail Run: On trails (in my case, on the treadmill), run in zone 2 and the low end of zone 3 for 4 miles.
– AB 500
Warm up for 10 minutes in zone 2.
Repeat 6 times:
– Ride 3 minutes in zone 4.
– Ride 1 minute in zone 2.
Cool down for 10 minutes.
What are your plans for the weekend? How do you recharge your ‘batteries’?